Invisalign Teen in Kidlington
Why choose Invisalign Teen?
Invisalign Teen functions similarly to standard Invisalign, employing custom-moulded transparent aligners to gradually shift teeth into their desired positions. However, Invisalign teen is tailored specifically for teenagers. It incorporates distinctive features such as blue wear-indicators. This aids your dental practitioner, you, and your teen to monitor wear time.
Additionally, it accommodates the eruption of canines, second premolars, and second molars. To account for the occasional loss, or the aligner gets misplaced, six complimentary replacement aligners are also provided.
Invisalign designed with teens in mind
Invisalign Teen fit in perfectly with a teenager’s lifestyle. Teens don’t have to feel self-conscious when they are out or posting pictures online as the aligners are practically invisible. The treatment starts working as soon as the first aligner is used and as time goes by they can see their teeth get straighter and healthier, which can encourage them to continue their orthodontic journey.
What are the benefits of Invisalign Teen?
There are a host of benefits to using Invisalign for teens, and here are some of the many reasons patients are choosing this treatment for their teen.
Almost invisible – Invisalign® provides a discreet treatment option, enabling teenagers to feel confident while wearing their aligners, and without the need for metal wires or bulky brackets.
Comfortable – Crafted with precision using custom moulds and top-notch plastic trays, rest assured that you’ll enjoy a comfortable and seamless fit with Invisalign.
Removable – You can conveniently remove your aligners to eat meals, engage in sports, pursue sports & hobbies, and maintain excellent oral hygiene practices.
Wear indicators – Equipped with blue wear indicators that transition from blue to clear, these aligners serve as a helpful tool to ensure consistent and regular usage.
Eruption compensators – In order to compensate for the eruption of canines, second molars and premolars, these special features have been incorporated.
0% finance options available
About Dr Katerina Rousea
How does Invisalign Teen work?
Invisalign Teen uses a series of clear, custom-made aligners to gently move your teeth into new positions to transform your smile.
At your initial appointment, we will examine your teeth and take 3D scans and images to ensure your aligners have a precise and accurate fit. We can even use the latest digital technology to show you a preview of how your smile will look following treatment!
ClinCheck & Treatment Plan
The scans and images taken of your teeth are used to create your bespoke treatment plan. Using innovative ClinCheck software, we can show you step by step how your teeth will move position as you wear your aligners.
You will need to wear each aligner in the series for 1-2 weeks before moving on to the next one. As you wear each aligner in the series, your teeth move little by little until your new dream smile is created. The aligners control the amount and timing of movement based on your bespoke treatment plan, ensuring that each stage of treatment goes smoothly. We keep a close eye on your progress at your 6-8 weekly appointments, making small adjustments if necessary to ensure an incredible outcome.
Once you have worn your last aligner, treatment is complete, and you can get ready to show off your new straight smile! We will give you a final retainer to keep your teeth in their new positions for the long term.
How can Invisalign Teen help?
Invisalign Teen can help with a whole range of orthodontic issues, including crowding, misalignment, gaps, and incorrect bites. Straightening your teeth can also have a positive effect on your teenager’s overall appearance, as bringing teeth into straighter positions enhances your facial shape and structure.
Straighter teeth and a winning smile give a huge boost to your self-esteem. Many teenagers find the confidence their new smile brings even starts during the treatment process, thanks to the virtually invisible clear aligners.
Our amazing Invisalign Teen results
Why do so many teenagers choose Invisalign Teen?
The convenience, effectiveness and easy to use nature of Invisalign Teen has made it the straightening system of choice for teenagers around the world. It’s the clear choice for patients looking for a cosmetic approach to their orthodontic treatment, eliminating the worry that they will feel self-conscious wearing traditional metal braces. The removable aligners fit seamlessly into your teen’s daily lives and do not require any major changes to diet or brushing routines. They can continue playing musical instruments, sports, and hobbies. Invisalign Teen offers a very successful way to boost confidence and achieve a dream smile.
Finance options available
We are pleased to offer flexible payment options to help spread the costs of Invisalign.
Try on a new smile
Frequently asked questions
- How long does Invisalign Teen treatment take?
- Treatment length varies from person to person, but most Invisalign treatments are completed within 9-18 months. Simple cases have a faster treatment time, while patients needing more complex straightening can expect to wear their aligners for longer. Once you have had your initial consultation, we can advise you of your expected treatment length.
- Will Invisalign Teen affect my speech?
- You may find it takes a few days to get used to the aligners, and may have a slight lisp at first, but you should be talking clearly and confidently before long.
- Are there any restrictions on what I can eat or drink while using Invisalign Teen?
- It is advised that you mainly drink water while wearing your aligners, as darker liquids like tea and coffee can causing staining. It is also advised to remove your aligners before eating anything or chewing gum, the aligners are durable, but you wouldn’t want to risk breaking them! Make sure you brush your teeth after eating, before putting your aligners back in. Bacteria and plaque form on your teeth quickly after a meal – so getting rid of them right away will keep both your teeth and aligners clean.
- What should I do if I lose an aligner?
- If you lose one of your aligners, please contact us as soon as possible for further advice. With Invisalign Teen, you get six complimentary aligners in case of loss, as we understand that it may be easy to misplace an aligner during the busy school day. In the meantime, you can wear an aligner from your previous set to prevent your teeth from moving too far out of line.
- Is Invisalign as effective as traditional braces?
- Yes. When worn according to the recommendations of an experienced Invisalign-trained orthodontist, Invisalign Teen can be as effective as traditional braces for the most common teeth-straightening issues. Invisalign can effectively treat mild to severe cases, including underbite, overbite, overcrowding and gaps between teeth. The chances are very high that your teen will be a great candidate for Invisalign. To find out for sure, contact the clinic and come in for a consultation.
- Who is eligible for Invisalign Teen?
- Invisalign can be used for teens who have erupting or erupted permanent dentition—this includes most teenagers. A trained Invisalign orthodontist should evaluate your teen’s specific dental issues to determine candidacy. If the orthodontist rejects your teen as a candidate, it is advisable to seek a second opinion, as each provider has a different level of experience treating with Invisalign.